Surprise your friends with this amazing offer. A voucher for a course about iconography in art – Iconography of the Saints.
They will learn how to identify iconography in art – the symbols of Christianity and the attributes of the Saints
How the gift voucher works
To buy the voucher for the course about iconography in art
- Once payment is confirmed, you will immediately receive the gift voucher with a unique code.
- And just offer to someone you want to surprise.
Download the Specimen by clicking on the image below.
To use the online course voucher and start learning about iconography in art
Just follow the directions described in the voucher:
- Follow link to page
- Make the purchase by entering the code
- The value is set to zero and the registration for the course is carried out with the data entered in the registration
About the course
Since the beginning of the Ages Mankind has used signs and symbols to communicate a specific message.
At the end of the course Iconography of the Saints, the participants will be able to apply methods of iconographic analysis and recognise symbols and attributes of the Saints, through practical exercises and other resources for future use.
The course fee includes 24-hour access for an unlimited time to:
Support texts and downloadable Ebooks:
3 Support manuals
Ebook Symbols of Proto Christianity
Representations of Saints Ebook
glossary of clergy robes
glossary of saints’ attributes
Links databases, consultation and development of themes.
Bibliography and webgraphy.
Evaluation (1 final questionnaire)
• Recognise and distinguish the concepts of iconography and iconology.
• Identify and recognise characters and scenarios, using the iconographic analysis method.
• Identify literary and graphic sources important to the iconographic reading.
• Before a practical case, apply the iconographic method in all its levels of reading
• Recognise and contextualise characters and episodes of Christian hagiography.
Who takes this Course?
This course is intended for professionals who are engaged in activities related to History and Art History, Museography, Conservation and Restoration, Tourism professionals and all interested in the subject.
However, it is perfectly suited to anyone for those who are interested in the themes and want to increase their culture about history, art history and hagiography.
No access requirements
At the end of the course, a training certificate will be issued . Know more.
We are a training entity certified by DGERT – Training Entity Certificate No. 1800/2015 – so the certificate has international validity.
The course price (a single payment) includes all content, assessment and certificate. The value is exempt from VAT under paragraph 10 of Article 9 of the CIVA.
The course is organized in parts or modules in order to facilitate the learning sequence. However, you can freely browse the entire course without any restrictions 24 hours a day, according to your interests and your own work method.
You can consult here the Rules of Operation of Online Courses
How it works
1. First notions: Icon, Iconography and Iconology
2. The evolution and definition of the Iconography as an area of study
3. The Panofsky method
1 – Art and Christianity – the image as a vehicle for a message
2 – Graphic and written sources
3 – The first symbols of Christianity
1. Saints and martyrs: General aspects
2. Clerical vestments
3. Most veneered Saints: symbols and attributes
Overall course evaluation – 4,5
(scale 1 – 5)
What students say about the course
Critical analysis and improvement opportunities
Although the results obtained are very good, some opportunities for improvement were detected from the comments.
The participants are satisfied with the contents and the presentation of the course. In general, the course was an asset for the participants. Of particular note are several observations by students of history, art history and theology who noted that the course is an important study aid.
We can say that the opportunities for improvement are in the field of editing.
Our online courses with a certificate are always open to revisions and new content. Thus, we modernized the graphic aspect of the courses and updated the entire e-learning platform.