In this course you will learn to know about Post Impressionist art , its origin and principles.
You will also learn to interpret post-impressionist works.
Among the various Post-Impressionist artists that will be analyzed, the works of Seurat, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne, Rousseau will be highlighted.
Five artists who changed the rules of painting and, each in a different way, paved the way for the artistic avant-garde movements that followed.
In this online course you will:
- Understand the context of the emergence of Post-Impressionism .
- Recognize the importance of Post Impressionist Art in the History of Contemporary Art.
- Identify and distinguish the different styles and main artists.
- Identify artistic and literary influences and motivations.
- Learn how to analyze some of the most important art works of Post Impressionism .
Understanding Surrealist Art – Overview
Language – English
Also available in – Português
Includes 24-hour lifetime access for an unlimited time and certificate.
Who should take this online course ?
- Students and teachers of art and art history.
- Artists, art historians, museologists, art curators and professionals in cultural communication and cultural tourism.
- All those who want to know and understand post impressionist art .
No access requirements.
At the end of the course, a training certificate will be issued . Know more.
We are a training entity certified by DGERT – Training Entity Certificate No. 1800/2015 – so the certificate has international validity.
The course price (a single payment) includes all content and certificate. The value is exempt from VAT under paragraph 10 of Article 9 of the CIVA.
The course is organized in parts or modules in order to facilitate the learning sequence. However, you can freely browse the entire course without any restrictions 24 hours a day, according to your interests and your own work method.
You can consult here the Rules of Operation of Online Courses
How it works
1 – Post Impressionist Art : Context – the beginning
1.1. Historical context
1.2. How post-impressionism emerged
2. The Post- Impressionist aesthetics
2.1. Main ideas of Post-Impressionism
2.1. Main artists: synopsis
3. Concepts and styles
4 – Analysis of relevant works of post-impressionist art
Rousseau – The sleeping gypsy
Cézanne: Houses in Provence (L’Estaque)
Gauguin – Christ On the Mount of Olives (selfportrait)
Van Gogh – Wheat field with crows
Seurat: The Eiffel Tower