In the online course “Understanding Surrealist Art ” you will learn how to interpret surrealist art and its concepts, origins and trends.
You will learn:
- what was surrealist art
- the origin and essence
- the concepts of surrealism
- the Dada movement and its importance for surrealism
- the themes of surrealism
- how to interpret surrealist works
- the main artists
The emblematic artists and works of the Surrealist movement and learn how to analyze works of surrealist art .
Understanding Surrealist Art – Overview
Language – English
Also available in – Português
Includes 24-hour lifetime access for an unlimited time to:
- Lessons for each theme of the program
- Evaluation (1 final questionnaire)
Who should take this online course ?
- Students and teachers of art and art history.
- Artists, art historians, museologists, art curators and professionals in cultural communication and cultural tourism.
- All those who want to know and understand surrealist art .
No access requirements.
At the end of the course, a training certificate will be issued . Know more.
We are a training entity certified by DGERT – Training Entity Certificate No. 1800/2015 – so the certificate has international validity.
The course price (a single payment) includes all content, assessment and certificate. The value is exempt from VAT under paragraph 10 of Article 9 of the CIVA.
The course is organized in parts or modules in order to facilitate the learning sequence. However, you can freely browse the entire course without any restrictions 24 hours a day, according to your interests and your own work method.
You can consult here the Rules of Operation of Online Courses
How it works
1 – Surrealism
Surrealism – history and essence
The Dada movement and the development of surrealism
Themes in surrealist art
2 – Analysis of surrealist artworks
Les Palais des rideaux III (Palace of curtains III), René Magritte
The Hallucinogenic Toreador, Salvador Dalí
3 – Artists and reference works of Surrealist art
Artists and reference works of surrealist art.