The iconography course online is intended for professionals who are engaged in activities related to History and Art History, Museography, Conservation and Restoration, Tourism professionals and all interested in the subject.
In the iconography course online learn how to apply methods of iconographic analysis and learn about symbols, representations and attributes of the saints presents in works of art.
In the iconography course online yoy will find:
- Tutorial videos.
- Support texts and downloadable Ebooks:
- 3 Support manualsEbook Symbols of Proto Christianity
- Ebook Representations of Saints
glossary of clergy robes
glossary of saints’ attributes
- Links databases, consultation and development of themes.
- Practical exercises.
- Bibliography and webgraphy.
- Course forum.
Learning Objectives iconography course online
• Recognise and distinguish the concepts of iconography and iconology.
• Identify and recognise characters and scenarios, using the iconographic analysis method.
• Identify literary and graphic sources important to the iconographic reading.
• Before a practical case, apply the iconographic method in all its levels of reading
• Recognise and contextualise characters and episodes of Christian hagiography.
Course Program iconography course online
PART 1 – First Notions
1. First notions: Icon, Iconography and Iconology
2. The evolution and definition of the Iconography as an area of study
3. The Panofsky method
PART 2 – Christian Iconography
1 – Art and Christianity – the image as a vehicle for a message
2 – Graphic and written sources
3 – The first symbols of Christianity
PART 3 – Iconography of the Saints
1. Saints and martyrs: General aspects
2. Clerical vestments
3. Most veneered Saints: symbols and attributes
Duration – 35 hours (estimated time)
Free (online 24/24 hours). All contents are constantly available for inlimited time.
The course is successfully concluded if the participant has a grade score of 50% or more (from 0% to 100%). In this case, a Professional Learning Certificate is attributed.
We are a certified training organization. Our certificates are valid internationally as they are complying
with the certification rules of the European Union
Paypal | Credit card | Bank transfer